- A Man’s Word: In Business and Personal
- Religious Freedom: Nothing More – Nothing Less
- The Issue is Religion Freedom
- Late Again!!
- Winning the Culture War
- Outlaw Race / Gender Based Abortions: For Now
- Black Friday: Never Again
- Intolerant Secularism: Abuse of ‘Non-Discrimination’
- Pelosi: Anti-Catholic Polical Hack
- Thanksgiving Prayer
- Can’t Look Up without Being Down
- WYD 2011: Tomorrow’s Catholics Today!
- New Mass Translation: More Exact
- Liberalism: “Nonsense on Stilts”
- There’s a Hole in Daddy’s Rope, Where All Our Money Goes!
- Why Catholic? Here’s a Start!
- Catholic Faith & Judging Clergy
- Birth Control: On My Dime
- Scandalous Queering of Our Church
- Monastery Cattle Operation: Source of Pride
- Mixed Emotions: Chaput moving to Philly
- Universal Prayer: Oratio Universalis
- Why I am a Catholic: Chesterton for Today
- Independence Day: Patriotism
- The Dangers of Homosexuality
Musings filed away as:
Ora Pro Nobis
Any comments or emails to Cowboy Papist become the property of the almighty Public Domain! Civility, charity, and respect are tenets of the western lifestyle, and will be observed, as will all proprieties.
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Great article highlighting “Five Reasons the Pro-Life Movement is Winning on Abortion over at LifeNews.com by Steven Ertelt, who links a source column by Trevin Wax, of LifeWay Christian resources and a blogger at Kingdom People. What makes this a … Continue reading
Fr. Dwight Longenecker has done a brilliant essay in Crisis Magazine on the latest silliness from Dr. Stephen Hawking‘s foray into theology and religion, “Stephen Hawking’s Fairy-Tale Heaven”: “The Daily Telegraph reports that prominent English cosmologist Stephen Hawking has suggested … Continue reading
It is often in the midst of cultural, societal, and moral difficulties that Cowboy Papist wonders about the direction of our Catholic faith and where it might be headed. We have often noted here that the future of our Faith … Continue reading
Cultural Catholic thinker and writer Kathryn Jean Lopez has an excellent article up at National Review Online titled “Ground Zero for Human Rights” about the American abortion debate centered in NYC, or Ground Zero. Some excellent excerpts: “Abortion, of course, is … Continue reading
Here’s an article from about 3 weeks ago over at LifeNews.com highlights the donations from Susan G. Komen for the Cure to Planned Parenthood for abortions instead of mammograms , and how Komen tries to dance around the issue: “In … Continue reading
From the inestimable Fr. Z comes his response below to a question from a well-meaning reader asking why Gregorian Chant is preferred over hymns like “Gather Us In” at Mass. Bad music at Mass is a sensitive and sore point … Continue reading
From Catholic Culture; charges against Notre Dame commencement protesters were dropped!! It’s about time – what could have been the hold up? “An Indiana prosecutor has dropped criminal charges against the pro-life demonstrating who were arrested for trespassing while protesting … Continue reading