- A Man’s Word: In Business and Personal
- Religious Freedom: Nothing More – Nothing Less
- The Issue is Religion Freedom
- Late Again!!
- Winning the Culture War
- Outlaw Race / Gender Based Abortions: For Now
- Black Friday: Never Again
- Intolerant Secularism: Abuse of ‘Non-Discrimination’
- Pelosi: Anti-Catholic Polical Hack
- Thanksgiving Prayer
- Can’t Look Up without Being Down
- WYD 2011: Tomorrow’s Catholics Today!
- New Mass Translation: More Exact
- Liberalism: “Nonsense on Stilts”
- There’s a Hole in Daddy’s Rope, Where All Our Money Goes!
- Why Catholic? Here’s a Start!
- Catholic Faith & Judging Clergy
- Birth Control: On My Dime
- Scandalous Queering of Our Church
- Monastery Cattle Operation: Source of Pride
- Mixed Emotions: Chaput moving to Philly
- Universal Prayer: Oratio Universalis
- Why I am a Catholic: Chesterton for Today
- Independence Day: Patriotism
- The Dangers of Homosexuality
Musings filed away as:
Ora Pro Nobis
Any comments or emails to Cowboy Papist become the property of the almighty Public Domain! Civility, charity, and respect are tenets of the western lifestyle, and will be observed, as will all proprieties.
Monthly Archives: July 2011
Thanks to kind and infomative Deacon Greg Kandra for this posting, which Cowboy Papist finds to be just plain sad: RICHARDTON, N.D. — A Roman Catholic monastery in western North Dakota is ending a century-old practice of raising cattle because … Continue reading
It is with mixed emotions and a bit of a heavy heart that our bishop is being re-assigned to Philadelphia. His Excellency Charles Chaput has been our bishop now for 14 years, and we’ve had the good fortune to meet … Continue reading
Having first heard Ecclesiastical Latin during an Italian pilgrimage some years ago, it’s become a pleasure to learn prayers in the official language of the Church. This wonderful prayer, with its Latin, is one of our favorites, bringing comfort to … Continue reading
As a convert to the Faith since 1985, Cowboy Papist is asked on occasion what compelled our decision to convert. I found these G.K. Chesterton excerpts from his “Why I am a Catholic” essay to be rather fitting to the … Continue reading
Patriotism Patriotism is a love for everything to do with our native land: its history, its traditions, its language, its natural features. It is a love which extends also to the works of our compatriots and the fruits of their … Continue reading
In an article written on LifeSitenews.com, John Henry Weston writes about the need for our bishops to love us enough to actively and vociferously warn of the physical and spiritual dangers of homosexuality. He summarizes with a remarkably pertinent quote … Continue reading