- A Man’s Word: In Business and Personal
- Religious Freedom: Nothing More – Nothing Less
- The Issue is Religion Freedom
- Late Again!!
- Winning the Culture War
- Outlaw Race / Gender Based Abortions: For Now
- Black Friday: Never Again
- Intolerant Secularism: Abuse of ‘Non-Discrimination’
- Pelosi: Anti-Catholic Polical Hack
- Thanksgiving Prayer
- Can’t Look Up without Being Down
- WYD 2011: Tomorrow’s Catholics Today!
- New Mass Translation: More Exact
- Liberalism: “Nonsense on Stilts”
- There’s a Hole in Daddy’s Rope, Where All Our Money Goes!
- Why Catholic? Here’s a Start!
- Catholic Faith & Judging Clergy
- Birth Control: On My Dime
- Scandalous Queering of Our Church
- Monastery Cattle Operation: Source of Pride
- Mixed Emotions: Chaput moving to Philly
- Universal Prayer: Oratio Universalis
- Why I am a Catholic: Chesterton for Today
- Independence Day: Patriotism
- The Dangers of Homosexuality
Musings filed away as:
Ora Pro Nobis
Any comments or emails to Cowboy Papist become the property of the almighty Public Domain! Civility, charity, and respect are tenets of the western lifestyle, and will be observed, as will all proprieties.
Tag Archives: Catholicism
Thanks to Teresa Rita for her lovely post over at “Zeal for Your House Consumes Me: Why Be Catholic?” by Fr. Richard Tomasek S.J. There, she’ grieves over the very recent passing of Fr. Richard, (may he be received by … Continue reading
As a convert to the Faith since 1985, Cowboy Papist is asked on occasion what compelled our decision to convert. I found these G.K. Chesterton excerpts from his “Why I am a Catholic” essay to be rather fitting to the … Continue reading
“The Church is intolerant in principle because she believes; she is tolerant in practice because she loves. The enemies of the Church are tolerant in principle because they do not believe; they are intolerant in practice because they do not … Continue reading
Lenten Reparations from the wonderful Fr. Philip Neri, OP: “Offer your Lenten sacrifices in reparation for the horrific damage done by the priests and bishops who abused children and covered-up the abuse. “I believe that the Church is on the … Continue reading
In his article on “The Uniqueness of Christianity,” Dr. Peter Kreeft writes a wonderfully clear and concise article that articulates responses to our cultures most popular objections to Christianity as taught and practiced by the Catholic Church, and the world’s … Continue reading
Today’s meditation from the Magnificat is an excellent excerpt from Monsignor Robert Hugh Benson‘s “Paradoxes of Catholicism.” The paradoxes were sermons of the Monsignor’s which he preached during Lent of 1912. Benson is a favorite author of Cowboy Papist, and … Continue reading
Interesting post by Fr. Longenecker regarding author Anne Rice and her most recent diatribe against Catholics and our Church, Nice Anne Rice?. Here’s his money quote: “To put it bluntly, she’s a sentimentalist, and locked into a society where sentimentalism … Continue reading